By: Eden Dawn

One of the most fantastic side effects of Claws Out has been meeting so many amazing women through the process. Other business owners, volunteers and staff at the non-profits we go to, nail artists, and just badass peeps who like polish. It’s a goddam treat.

Our new friends at Women You Should Know run a digital brand in NYC they founded the week of the 9/11 attacks. They used their new platform to spotlight the female first responders who ran in that day to save lives and their experience after. In the years since, the duo of Jennifer Jones and Cynthia Hornig have shone the spotlight on hundreds of women from all walks of life. They talk business, lifestyle, serious stuff, fun stuff, and a ton of stories on rad ladies that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside like a third glass of rosé.

They also started a side company called Women You Should Fund which is a crowdfunding platform which helps women entrepreneurs get the funding they desperately need. This is your shitty reminder that women only get an average of 3% of investment funding, while the other 97% goes primarily toward white men. The WYSF reward based system has helped fund projects like training police officers to stop domestic violence homicides and a documentary film about the alarming uptick in imprisoning pregnant women.